I have my second night of mega frustration due to Event Dispatchers and referencing.
In my level i have basically 3 relevant elements:
A: a door/gate
B: a particle system (leafs)
C: an exit door/gate
What shall happen:
- First door A is opened by player
- this triggers immediately the leaf particle system to fire
- as soon as door A is has completely opened (opening ends) the exit door shall start to open
Now my problem is that this used to work until step 2 (particle system).
After I set up the exit door it did not want to work
and after recompiling the particle system that one stopped working suddenly.
I get this error and have no idea why:
Accessed None trying to read property firstDoorTypeVar from function...
What I did until now:
- I set up the first event dispatcher and the call within the BP of door A.
- Then I added a variable “firstDoorTypeVar” in the particle system referencing the first door (Variable Types / Object Types / [the right door name]
- I placed the variable as get in the event graph, dragged a wire from it, selected “Bind Event to firstDoorStartToOpen” and set up the rest like you can see here:
- Then I set up the exit door and hooked the binding just like before: