Referencing Boolean causes weird issues

I’ve encountered a very weird issue with my blueprints. I have a gameplay sequence that toggles a light/sound/timer when the player clicks an object. It all works just fine unless I use a boolean value I put in place. Just use it. It produces weird gameplay issues that seem to be beyond simple toggling on/off. Certain variables (the sound) will toggle and others (lights) will not. I can’t even print the darn thing without it causing weird issues.

This one behaves just fine:

And this one doesn’t:

I’m very confused about this

Update: Simply adding a print statement of any kind here causes the same results.
Is my code that bad?! lol

The issue actually stemmed from somewhere else in my project from a seemingly unrelated system. A major logical error was preventing the game from acting correctly, causing this weird bug. I wish I could remember what it was, but that was a whopping 2 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

What kind of issues is it causing? Where do you call the interface function from? Maybe the problem starts there at the caller and not so much in the receiver. Does it help to remove the Interface and then add it back in?

Didn’t you by chance create a variable of another type, set some value to it, and then changed it to bool? Sometimes changing variable types causes some issues.

Well you should find every place in every blueprint where you set this variable and try to find the actual place where something goes wrong. Tracking a bug may be hard, but that’s what you have to do.