Reference in context menu ?

I can never see the reference in the context menu, copied or not ? Self is there though.

I don’t understand this question.

I can’t add a reference because one never shows in the context menu, even after copy reference.

Lol…

What are you trying to reference? Where? If you are trying to reference something in your level, that can only be done by selecting the item in your level, and placing the reference in your level blueprint.

I can get self reference, and drag & drop also seems to work ok, but selecting and copy doesn’t show anything.

In order for us to help you, we need to know the stuff I asked for. What are you trying to do?

Are you saying the self node can’t be copy-pasted?

You can’t copy-paste a self node from one blueprint to another in order to have a reference of that object, as that’s not the way it works.

I know it differs what can be referenced in what but, for example … If I want to reference a target point into character bp.

As Jamendxman said, you can only do that in Level Blueprints.
If you want to reference a target point that exists in the level in your character, you have to add a target point reference variable in your variable list, make it publicly editable, and then place the character in your level, then in its details you can set its target point reference to the one in the level.

Or, you can set the variable on begin play for example, using Get All Actors of class, if there’s only one target point using Get 0. If you know there’ll be more than one target point, you’ll need a way to be able to get the specific one you want.

It does work, thanks. I guess up to now the reason it’s not there is because it’s not compatible.