Refactoring, Deleting, etc.

Would it be possible to add the possibility of the VC 2015 changes to files to affect directly onto the project?

I mean, file refactoring generally (project name modification, file name modification, folder modification, moving files), file deletion (this gets really annoying having to delete files by hand, even worse, sometimes the Editor doesn’t recognize the files were deleted - even after re-generating the UProject files - and we can’t add classes with that name, even though we deleted the class manually).

Is this planned to be included? Would really help, a lot.

Bumpity bumpity!

I would like to see this as well.

You shouldn’t have any problems adding classes of the same name once you’ve deleted and regenerated your files, but you have to completely clean-out the project to do so. (Delete the Intermediate, Saved, Binaries and Build folders is usually the best way to go about it, along with all the VS files).

I’ve been looking around for more info on refactoring class names and the answer still seems to be remake the project. This seems like an awful waste of time for a rather common place coding move.

It’s just the way the Unreal Build Tool works.

Prob this can be usefull : Renaming a C++ project - C++ - Epic Developer Community Forums