Redirectors Bug

Yes, I also don’t know why there isn’t an id-based system (which then map to the current relative path) or something. These redirectors are a constant source of trouble.

Sw1ft’s solution worked for me, too. Removed all those redirectors in the .ini and all the errors went away.

Hey Folks,

This thread is of interest to me. Does anyone happen to have their DefaultEngine.ini config file from before their upgrade?

I’d like to try and understand how this happened so we can get an appropriate fix. Feel free to send it to me on the forums if you wish for it to remain private.

Regards,
/Terence

Hello Terence,

See attachment (had to zip it, INI is not allowed to upload for some reason)

link text

Oh just found nice repro steps… just open the newly released ShowDown demo in 4.9 :smiley:

Thank you for the files, @Spyro, and the repro, @Gigantoad.

In the meantime, follow Sw1fty’s advice. Just be aware that any active redirects you have added yourself will need to persist.

Having the same problem. Is Sw1ft’s solution the way to go? or should I wait for a fix?

Hi Adam, do you know if there’s a native fix for this in the next 4.9.1 update? I have a toolkit in the marketplace that is ready to be updated, but I’m waiting to see if this’ll be fixed in the next update. Sw1fty’s solutions worked for my other projects, but there’s still no confirmation if this workaround affects any other part of engine functionality. It would be great if someone from Epic could clarify this matter.

Hi folks,

Unfortunately this is an issue that wont be easily fixed by a point release of the engine soon. Given the volatility of config files, the best solution for now is to follow Sw1fty’s guide.

/Terence

Hi folks,

Unfortunately this is an issue that wont be easily fixed by a point release of the engine soon. Given the volatility of config files, the best solution for now is to follow Sw1fty’s guide.

/Terence

Same problem here, and this is the best solution I found :
Rename your project folder, open your project, close it and rename again to your previous name… It worked perfectly for me.

(from this thread :https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/152144/ue461-externally-referenced-on-basic-map.html)

And the Sw1fty’s solution for the ActiveClassRedirects errors worked fine also btw.

I followed the Sw1fty post which eliminated some of the errors, but left the map check with 3800 errors and a 7 minute load time. I then did what you said here and that cleaned up the mess of external ref errors. Unfortunately, only half the project comes over because migrate doesn’t bring over your programs. Did you manually update your C++ code after this?

Hey eagletree, after further tests with my project some UMG widgets started to show warnings as well, after that I decided to go back to 4.8.3.
Lost around 2 days of work with that…

Thanks, the Sw1fty’s guide work for me too.

After troubleshooting this issue when Converting from 4.9 to 4.10, we found that all we had to do to fix the issue was delete the Engine.ini from DefaultGame\Version1.0\Saved\Config\Windows. The problem seems to come from the line: Paths=…/…/…/…/…/…/Users/Name/Documents/Unreal Projects/My_Project/DefaultGame/Version1.0/Content. It is still referencing the old project name.

We haven’t tried renaming the path, which should also work. Instead, we deleted it and reopened the project. The Engine.ini file was created automatically and the errors were gone.

Hope this helps,
mg

I had the same problem, been here for a while, directed here and found this at bottom of page - tried it and voila instant fix.

Glad thats over :wink:

cheers and thx!
lee