RED

RED: a sleek, dreamy, sexy car showcase/promo video crafted in Unreal Engine. Stepping into new territory with my very first car-related content, set to the smooth vibes of Cigarettes After Sex.

This project has been a dive into the world of lighting and car filming for me. Since I’ve never tackled anything like this before, it’s been a wild ride exploring what a car commercial from my imagination would look like. Fun fact: the car itself is from an Unreal Engine racing game project, so it’s not your typical AAA quality model. But hey, with a splash of red paint and a custom set, we’re making magic happen

4 Likes

Hi again @jameslee_films,

Hope you’ve been well!

First, Cigarettes After Sex is a top tier band. But Apocalypse, specifically, is like listening to a dream. Brilliant choice to showcase such a rad car model. Secondly, you’re absolutely right the color choice definitely created a bit of magic. Brilliant job, as always. And thanks for taking the time to share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TQ! Glad you’re fan of Cigarettes’ After Sex :smiley:

1 Like

Could you do a tutorial on how you got the car to look this good? Nicely done.

Hi there,

I myself is still in learning stages, a lot of hit and misses, for the car I changes its material using this free Automotive Material pack from Epic store:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/automotive-material-pack

As for the lighting, set the project to uses Lumen and Raytracing shadows. In terms of lighting usage and placing I learned a lot from this guy, hope it helps.