Hello everyone. This is my first post to Unreal so let me get a few things out of the way.
My name is Dante.
I have been playing Unreal Engine games all my life. Ive been an avid UT fan since UT 1999.
I am 23 years old.
I never thought that one day I would have the opportunity to bring all my ideas to life.
So many ideas floating around in my head and hardly enough time to create them.
Before I get started on my post I want to thank everyone at Epic Games for making the most amazing TDM Games I have played TO DATE.
Your engine is making advances even beyond our planet (*NASAs Mars VR)
And finally I want to thank the community for showing your support to Unreal Engine and Epic Games.
The more we grow. The brighter the future of the gaming industry.
Okay now onto the reason I am making this post.
I am currently in the planning stages for a Unique FPS / TPS game set in the future.
The game is going to be focusing primarily on campaign rather than multiplayer.
Here is a list of things I am willing to publicly announce about it:
- The IP is a robot named “S0U1”
- Level design is Linear. No open world
- Style is futuristic
- Vibrant colors, not the grey brown, washed out colors you see in a lot of shooters.
- Mood is mostly serious, though S0U1s sense of humor will show throughout the title.
- The game will feature a loadout menu for S0U1 similar to that seen in MechWarrior, although it will be completely overhauled.
- At least one Alien world will also be featured.
- Play style will be mostly open combat, though cooperative combat with AI “Reinforcements” is definitely planned.
- A leveling system placed on individual weapons will allow players to purchase upgrades for weapons they spend the most time using.
- Campaign Co Op is planned with two different modes, Ally mode, and Turret mode.
- Ally mode has player two controlling a seperate robot featured in the title.
- Turret mode has player two operating a turret on S0U1s body to emphasize on teamwork.
I have a lot of this planned out already and have no shortages on ideas for the title.
My issue really boils down to Skill, Man Power, and Funding.
I need motivated developers willing to assist me in developing this title.
Though I am only one month in to UE 4, I am catching on very quickly.
My determination towards this project knows no limits. I am ready to get the ball rolling NOW.
That is why I am willing to sign a contract with individuals and / or teams that will entitle them to a percentage of both funding acquired during the advertising phase, and profit made from the release.
My main goal is to create a game that can open up the world of Unreal Engine and its numerous possibilities to prospective developers, AND still be a fun ride for those more interested in playing the games.
As for the team.
I want motivated people. I want people that are passionate about creating games.
People that are used to thinking outside the box.
Professionals would be optimal, but If you are just starting out on UE like myself, then I’m not against you wanting to help out and polish your skills.
In particular I am looking for Programmers. And I know you guys do NOT like doing pro bono work, trust me… I don’t either. But I’m hoping some of you can help lend a hand if possible.
One final note:
Honestly guys… All I need is a demo. That’s it. Just one decently lengthy level of full on game play. Using that I can very well get great funding from some doctor friends I know who are eager to see results.
As for payment: The only thing I can do right now is sign a contract for a percentage of future income.
I plan for everyone who sticks with this project to be well compensated.
If you have any questions at all feel free to message me!
Thank you for your time!
I have a solid plan and friends with money. But I need proof of concept (A demo level) before they part with it.