Recording From MULTIPLE Cameras SIMULTANEOUSLY

Hello!
I searched a lot on the Internet and could not find a solution or tips to this problem I’m going to show.

I’m trying to create a scene where 1 object or landscape is being recorded by several cameras at the same time during the game/simulation and footage from each of camera’s perspective is being recorded and later saved to separate video file OR images per frame if possible.

All I could find was using Sequencer with multiple cameras, but it’s not what I was loooking for, because if I understand correctly Sequencer can use multiple cameras, but in the output it shows only 1 view at the time, generating a single output file.

My goal is to have footage from few cameras separately at the same time.

NOTE: Experiment cannot be done in the same way twice
It means that when we HIT play again the recorded character will be moving in a different way than in the previous simulation. It means I cannot just record from different cameras by 1 at the time until I get footage from all cameras, pretending it’s from the same scenario. That is why I’m asking if it’s possible to record separate output from several cameras at once.

Another solution I found was:
doing screenshots from each camera every frame, but it’s really not good solution if the experiment lasts longer than 10 seconds and I’m looking to have at least 1 minute of footage and doing screenshots is so taxing that FPS drop below the desired framerate of 10.

Another solution I found too was:
implementing cameras in a tile style like multi-cam streaming. I think it’s also not this what I’m looking for because the entire screen is divided in smaller parts which make resolution of each separate footage smaller in output video and well, output video is only 1 file in the end.

Maybe there is a hope in using FrameCapture plugin, but I am not sure if it’s going to work like that. Maybe anyone knows? It’s a paid plugin. I don’t mind spending money, but I would like to know if It’s going to work like I want it to. I couldn’t find enough of information on the Internet about this plugin. I asked the author of the plugin, but I’m afraid the answering may take a while :slight_smile:

MAIN QUESTION
Is it even possible to do what I am trying to accomplish?
I would like to have someone with an experience to answer that question
, because if I am just wasting my time maybe I should give up.

1 Like

1 You should add the following code to lvl blueprint -
Take Recorder In Game posted by JTProof | blueprintUE | PasteBin For Unreal Engine
2 Add all your cameras to take recorder source
3 Run your project and take recorder
4 After some time stop your project
5 Find recorded sequences
6 Select camera for rendering (only one)
7 Run take recorder sequence for rendering without running your project
8 Repeat with the rest of the cameras

Effects such as particles may require “pre-heating”

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.

I’ll check your solution soon.

Thank you for your answer, but somehow I cannot get it to work.

I record for a test only from 1 camera. Camera view records a scene for 30 seconds with moving people, cars and a rain, but when I go to the sequencer to watch the scene there is literally nothing except an actual view of the camera in an editor.

I think I’m doing something wrong. I would like to record everything from that camera view and then receive a file I can render an image sequence from.

When I try to render a an individual take I get my app opened and running, but this is a disaster because it renders everything on screen and my first opened world is a main menu where I need to choose a weather preset and so on, but renderer keeps rendering images from an actual camera located in the world behind the main menu.

I need to figure this out further, because I must be doing something wrong.
I have no idea how to do your point 7, because rendering keeps running my project over and over again.

I’ll try to think longer about it, however I must admit - it’s frustrating.

EDIT:
- I gave up this idea using Take Recorder. It’s certainly good solution, but It looks like it requires an Editor in order to work. What would happen in packaged build?

As an alternative I tried doing some stuff with Render Texture 2D. They are updated every frame by SceneCapture2D camera so If I place them correctly in several places at once it may work.