Recording a movie in Unreal Tournament Editor using Matinee

Hello all,

I’ve tried setting up matinee to record a movie to give a little sneakpeak of the level I’m building (the head office of RHDHV in the Netherlands). For some reason, I’ve set it up the way I think it has to be done (according to the internet). Still, whenever I try to run it with “Movie”, all the screenshots or the .AVI comes out completely black. Lighting, textures, weapon pickups, spawns, everything is working just fine, also whenever I use HighResShot. Everything rebuilds fine.

Anyone know what I’m missing here? The “Record” button shows as unrecognized tab, which is weird, because I did add the camera to the director track…

So it looks like Epic has made this Uber easy now. In order to make a movie, simply open up Matinee and click the Movie button. That is all. Once you click that, some options will come up with resolution and stuff. Make your selections and click OK. If you want to control your character while making the movie, deselect Disable Movement and Disable Turning. You can now do a walk-through.

It makes a very large file size. The movie will be found in your project folder / Saved / Video Captures. After that I took my file and opened it in Adobe Premier and made it into an mp4 using the H.264 codec. The file size went from about 18GB to less than 200MB. Hope this helps everyone.

Brad