record and use Virtual camera in sequencer of unreal 5.2

Dear all,

I try to record a viurtual camera.
yesterday, every thing was fine, but today, I need to be in game mode in order to connect the Ipad to Vcam, why ???

Also, I manage to record the motion of the Vcam.
but it’s creating a sequencer where you could fine in VCamActor_Record a VcamActorCompent, containing transform animation and a fu…king SceneComponent containing a transform with an offset.
So if i try to copy the animation of camera to another one, in my main sequencer, my motion don’t have this offset !!

using the recorded sequence as SUBSEQUENCE in my main sequencer solve the problem, but than I can’t change nothing, like focus…

why is it so hard to work with sequencer in Unreal :smiling_face_with_tear:

after hours of investigating, I found some answers :

• for the usage of the VCam record (with so many parameter recorded), the easiest way was to create a new camera in a sequencer, then attach bind to the recorded one.
1 Like

Please explain in more detail. I’ve been wandering around for a while. How can I use the recorded camera tracking information in the main sequence? @emfvfx

I m still investigating to understand How recording vcam could be cleaner (having only one transform relative to world).
The solution I found was, creating a sequencer with the recorded Vcam + a new cam (I could set as I want). And then attch the new one to the recorded