Record actions with Sequence recorder

Hi,

I’m trying to record my first person character game using Sequence recorder but I don’t know how to record the blueprint actions that the character triggers while moving around the scene. When I play the level the actions are triggered as usual but they are not recorded.

Thanks!

@Arkman @jpeggt @alexpopescu

Anybody?

Hi guys,

I’m trying to figure out how to record actions triggered by blueprints in cinematics. I’m not sure if such a thing is possible. It is like recording a door opening because the character triggered the event. I’m looking for a way of recording my game level, and thought that Sequence recorder may be the way, but I cannot figure out this bit.

Let me know if the question is not clear.

Many thanks

Hey, I think the question is very clear, however I haven’t really used the feature myself.

I suppose you already went through:

And I suppose you might also need to have the sequencer binding to the simulate play mode.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/animation/1533696-quick-question-for-the-experts-on-sequencer

Hope this helps!

@alexpopescu Thanks for your reply. I finally figured out how to do this, I am explaining it below, my 2 cents to the new section of the forum. However this didn’t solve all my problems. I posted another question on the forum asking for help to record the gameplay no matter how, maybe with Matinee. If you could help me with this it would be great? Thanks!

This is how I recorded the events in Sequence Recorder in case someone else needs it. It is not complicated it is just the menu is a bit confusing. Click add as many times as actors (or events) you want to record, one of them should be your character. Select one of them in the actor section, it should say none. Go to Actor recording and select your Actor to Record (first person character, door blueprint…). Once you are done selecting your actors to record, go to the Actor section and select your character. Click record.

Cheers