Reconstruction export to bundler format does not work

Hi,

exporting scene reconstructin to bundler format displaces camera alignment with respect to reconstructed mesh. The cameras are exported with correct alignment, however the mesh is rotated 90 degrees, or viceversa are rotated the cameras.

This is what I get when importing the scene and the mesh

bundler.jpg

If I export as bundler negative z the mesh is properly coaxial with the cameras alignment, but translated out of position

bundler-neg-z.jpg

I’ve made a few experiments with swapping signs to the cameras in the xml file where the export to bundler is defined, but they don’t seem to give the expected result (affect only few cameras and not all)

A patch or a hint how to resolve would be much appreciated, it’s quite urgent

thank you

Hi Massimo
Use Bundler with NEGATIVE Z, but even then there are issues as the Bundle format is a bit messy and every application takes the center of the project in a different way. That is why you never get it in the centre of a scene…

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Massimo
Use Bundler with NEGATIVE Z, but even then there are issues as the Bundle format is a bit messy and every application takes the center of the project in a different way. That is why you never get it in the centre of a scene…

I understand, but this seems to have 2 centers. One for the cameras and one for the object.