Rebind & get keys, change graphic & engine settings and add/edit/remove ini vars through Blueprints

• Rebind and get the keys in the project (Nodes to get and set keys and get the number of index in each action get arrays of each action and change that)
  • Change graphics, engine, display settings and others and apply changes (to work in runtime game)
  • Add, edit, remove vars in the .ini files (at runtime too) (and will be nice if add something to create additional custom .ini files)

All of that need documentation for C++ too because the only example with changes of graphics settings is the Shooter Game, and about examples with .ini or rebind and get keys there isn’t one.

Behold, 's Victory BP Library :smiley:

1: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums
2: I cant find how to change graphics option in Victory Library but see this: (39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required! - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums
3: (39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required! - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Rebind Keys and settings resource are indispensable, and would be a great help officially exposed as blueprint nodes.
Much better than alternative solutions.

:B

plugin break all Binds if you got Forward Action and use the rebind system then change the 1.0 and -1.0 values to the same keys, about change the inis only can change in one file and you cannot change the settings of the engine, change the screen sizes don’t is change engine settings, you cannot change the blur or aa throw that and save for next run…

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your great ideas regarding implementing a blueprint system for rebinding keys. I have submitted this feature request to our developers through . If you’d like to refer to this report in the future to check up on the status, please reference: UE-17987

Thanks!

Where can I find this report?

Also, can you guys please add this feature in the next few weeks? Just exposing some nodes in blueprints would be great.

• getInputAxisBinding
  • setInputAxisBinding
  • getInputActionBinding
  • setInputActionBinding

The gets may return an array or a single value?

Setting the inputaction to a new key just changes the value appropriately in the defaultinput.ini ?

Nothing fancy.

These are things that should be BUILT IN to the engine… not require the use of a 3rd party plugin. As for the .ini files, he reads/writes one INI file… we should be able to define what file we are reading/writing to, just just one specific file that epic gives us access to.

This (specifically exposing graphics/rendering scalability and rendering resolution settings and Apply/Revert/etc… on UGameUserSettings) is coming in 4.11, checked into main already: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commits/master/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/GameUserSettings.h?author=-epic

Cheers,

Thank you for this! :slight_smile: I’ll spread the word.

Mr Micheal or Anyone,

Is the keybinding changing included? Can anyone confirm? I dont have Github account so I cant check :frowning:

perhaps I missed, it, but it just looked like a settings save.

Yeah what I exposed were the rendering scalability settings, resolution/vsync/etc…, and general machinery for working with UGameUserSettings in a BP. In general most games will end up subclassing it and adding their own game-specific settings as well I’d imagine.

Cheers,

Thank you.

Poor me. Here my last hopes for keybinding goes away. Oh well, thats something too. Thank you.

Is keybinding not getting exposed to BP anytime soon?