Realy Capture Node External Folder

Hi,

I am trying to use the reality capture node to assist in some operation.
I notice there is the setting Access Control under Read time assistance setting. What is the format to input the Read only folder and Write only folder. Is it possible to set multiple folders there?

I tried something like F:\output. However, when I try to send the command exportLod and provided F:\output\Test.obj, The command encounter error 500. If I change it back to the sandbox _output folder, there is no issue.

Another question is how to obtain the license using the pin. I try to use send getProjectCommand with getLicense and pin code as the param1. However it looks like nothing happened. I wonder if the call works or how does it distinguish I am sending pin or pin certificate as param1?

1 Like

Hi Mason,
there is no format for that, you just write the path to the line, like:
and it is possible to set multiple folders, which you need to separate using semicolon.

Real-time assistance was mostly created for ENT license, so I suppose the issues using PIN are because of that. But I tested this using PPI and for me it worked. Do you have created a BAT file or are you adding the command to the console view?

What do you mean by getProjectCommand? There is no such CLI command for RealityCapture.

Hi Otrhan,

I am following RealityCapture Help and trying the integration using a custom software. If I put everything under the sandbox, I am able to perform adding images, alignment, resconstruction region setup, mesh creation and texturing. now I am stuck in the getLicense for export, If getLicense is not possible, I would like to see if I need to activate the software by generating the certificate using the unlock.bin.

I also want to centralise the reality capture node data in another drive rather than $users\AppData in the system drive as well.

You can try license your inputs on other machine or you can try to use the license certificate.
You can also find some info here: C:\ProgramData\Capturing Reality\RealityCapture\RCNode\Static and here: http://127.0.0.1:8000/static/PairDevice.html?authToken=6EE1054E-F780-4C80-A713-A70BF834A1F3

I checked the documentation provided but couldn’t figure out how to change the data folder to d:\example or another folder not in AppData by using the API.

In a normal CLI Batch script I can place any folder as a parameter in the addFolder command. Is this possible with the API control?