Really Accurate Metahuman Collision

I have been struggling to find a way to do any form of “complex” collision on a metahuman skeletal mesh.

The use case is a gold chain necklace that simulates against the metahumans bare skin for filmmaking. The chain is a separate rigged skeletal mesh with its own physics asset and is working fine. But I can’t get the metahumans collisions precise enough for the chain to collide believably.

I have tried a few approaches:

1. The normal physics asset made of capsules doesn’t seem to do the job, the chain seems to jitter when in contact with curved surfaces.
  2. Single and multi-convex hulls don’t seem to create very useful shapes, they’re by far the best solution I’ve found so far but they are jagged and cause odd movements in the chain when it touches a jag during simulation.
  3. Per poly collision doesn’t seem to work at all although I notice there is something in the documentation about it not working with simulation so maybe that’s the problem… I have tried enabling it in all 3 places it can be turned on.
  4. I’ve seen people in threads speak about copying the collision from a static mesh but when I tried this I only got the simple collision - not the complex one. I also have no idea if this would animate with the metahuman?

Is there any way to do this with the metahumans mesh?

I’ve been on this a while….

:pray::pray::pray:

Hi there,
I’m struggling too with the metahuman physics. It seems hard to find any good info about physics and collission.

I’ve seen this tutorial:

But maybe this isn’t solving your problem.