RealityScan is now free to download on iOS

Hi clankill3r1, can you try open that project and process it again?

It can actually be used with a turntable. The conditions should be more optimal then when using RealityCapture, but it can be done. Background behind the object and turntable should be neutral (same color, no shadows, no details) and there should be no shadow casted from the object itself. While in RealityCapture there may be some details in the background, in RealityScan a huge accent is put on this. The position may be a bit off, since XMP files are being used, but it all depends on the shooting conditions. Even though it may be a bit off in the Capture view, it should be fine in the Preview view.

1 Like

For anyone wondering, there is a free De-Lighter software available from Agisoft that works on Mac and PC. It is called Agisoft De-Lighter. Just import your FBX, DAE, OBJ, etc., delight it, and export it as whatever you’d like! Works great for RealityScan stuff…already tested it!

Hi, yeah they are processed now. thank you for the replies.
Also the quality of the 3d scan is really mind blowing!

Thanx, beside one quick test I did not get deeper into this, also besides installing, did not test RealityCapture. Will test RealityScan + Turntable during holydays!

1 Like

Hi, I already scanned some objects with RealityScan and it’s awesome! Specially the AR guide, it’s very handy. Congrats to all developers involved!
I’d like to make a request. I don’t know if it’s possible, but it will be cool if we could scan an entire object (including the bottom) as we can do with RealityCapture.
Some kind of merging two meshes (top and bottom) into one single mesh.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your nice words.
And also thank you for your feature request. This was added to our database.

2 Likes

So when will there be an Android App?

1 Like

Later this year.

3 Likes

Apple powerful A chips with good API’s are really shining on 3D scanning, could give rise to full offline mode even if it takes 5-10% battery per scan for example. One day i might give RealityScan a try(based current feature set) if it works this way: i scan lot of scans offline, keep them until i go to city for optical fast internet to process them.

Tested, lot of messing for me to even get model. 1, Scan offline. 2 Go to public wifi where upload is very fast compared to my DSL. 3 Mess with Sketchfab, instead it should be direct downloadable, Sketchfab sometimes is slow to respond too(server). Darn, i hate forced online stuff with passion. Lets hope better for future. Continuing to use offline photogrammetry app that i have, very solid and produces very accurate offline models with cost of some % of battery. Probably i continue give a test from time to time, maybe if chance to get very good scan sometimes.

@AE_3DFX Yes offline mode is indeed convenient for remote work, that way one could check before leaving the location.

So what offline photogrammetry apps do you use then? Perhaps Starlink will be available where you are soon.

Im keen to try the app on Android when it releases and wonder which phones might give better results, that’s why I’m hanging on to ones like the Huwawei P30 Pro that has a ToF (time of flight) camera and high resolution. Does anyone have any thoughts on optimal Android devices for the upcoming release and is there a beta test channel, I could test a bunch of them, or will iPhone always be far superior?

I just have old copper cable VDSL with cheap plan(upload is very slow), Scaniverse makes quite ok models if used right way but needs post processing etc. At least it is 100% offline. I am old school and prefer to use local hardware than cloud stuff. My internet is fine for basic things that does all i need and to upload with RealityScan i just go to fast internet place where upload is fast.

Now and even in future, i prefer to get fast PC than use cloud things. Account here, account there…not my thing. Unreal at least works locally and that is all i need.

It is enjoyable to practice with Unreal and maybe some day i can find my “eureka moment” and get some useful game or cartoon-movie… i test and practice almost every day with Unreal.