Realistic lightning - HELP!!!!!

I just did that exactly in this scene. I am using his lights, ini,reflection capture, world settings, wall material… everything. That is why I don´t know what I made wrong :frowning:

I can’t think of any other potential reason for those light problems that hasn’t been pointed out by someone in this thread already… I could dig around the scene and try to find the issue by myself if you want help with that. Just upload the project somewhere and send me the link.

the same thing that I thought, upload the scene somewhere and see what others can brings out from it :slight_smile:

Crank those lightmass settings man! indirect quality = 10, bounces = 100, lighting level scale I use .6 or lower, smoothness .6 or lower. Prepare for long lighting build but it’s going to improve quality by a lot. I’ve tweaked Koola’s settings in his demo with those and I got even better results than him!!! and I use default production ini, not the tweaked one by koola (anyway he already stated he used completely random values).

Forgive me Futurerave for being so “direct” but, for my opinion, your approach in learning Archvitz lighting/rendering in Unreal is totally wrong (and maybe the metod you use in lighting a scene is wrong too): copying and pasting a whole “structure” of a good project into an empty one, won’t let you understand how the things works inside Unreal, and you can’t think, even if the project comes out good, to have learnt something; and even conitinue adding lights into a scene when the ones that are already there aren’t tuned-up yet, it’s a sort of “non sense”. So, what are you going to do?
Come on Futurerave!, re start all from scratch (without import other-made “structures”) and think to one thing at time: Place just one light (directional, sky, spot…) and see how it affects your scene…tweak some parameter (but just one at time) and see what comes out and don’t move from that light till it looks ok for your needs, then you can add another light (if needed) and “stay” there till these both works good together…I know that it’s a long tedious job, but I think that this is the only way (maybe someone else could suggest a different one)
…you can post here every single step made and the technique adopted for it…it would be lot helpful for us too :rolleyes: :wink:
Cheers,

I tried to do it from sratch but against all the things I read on the websites and forums I could not achieve the same thing. That is why I asked this question in the forum so maybe one of you could help me with to solve the problems. I don´t intend to copy other poeple I just want to understad everythings. As you said earlier it is also hard for you to achieve it so why not help each other. If I will know what was the problem I will gladly share it with you guys.

Anyway here is the link for the project. Maybe one of you can look at it and solve the problem:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9BX4u5LpNt5fkFqbXpvMF9JVkF3d0xlNWtWMS1rV0VraFVxOHhTai00V0JHNmg0TWN5WGM&usp=sharing

is there a way to download everything at once? Can’t find how to do it.

Here is another one. It is zipped so you can download the whole thing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BX4u5LpNt5NVZkSThvSG1OV1U/view?usp=sharing

don’t worry heartlessphil, my intentions and even the one of most part of the followers of the forum, is to being helped about some issue and give a hand when and where they can, be patient…we toghether will find a solution :wink:
…I’m downloading your scene, maybe this evening I’ll give it a look.

Cheers,

Found your 1st flaw. Walls are made from brushes and resolution is 512. A brush’s lightmap resolution works the other way. The lower the value, the better the lightmap quality wi;l be. Default is 32. Trying with a value of 2. (or try 16, 8, 4, 2)

You have over 50 brushes with very high lightmap values. That’s most likely your problem :slight_smile: Also removed the yellowish tint on some lights!

Also, you still had the Koola’s scene and yours side by side in the same ‘‘map’’, it’s going to raise build time for no reason.

I’m rebuilding with higher settings and proper lightmap resolution. I’ll post results

My editor crashed after finishing building the light and it didn’t save. I don’t feel like starting over again but yea…check your brushes!!!

is it me that have some problem or the scene downloaded whne opened doesn’t have nothing placed?, all objects are in the content browser but I need to place every single one by myself :confused:

You have to open the map…it’s hidden in one of the folders. It’s called emi house or something.

I’ve got it!!, thanks

what kind of lighting tests have you done Futurerave?
your scene works as it should be, as you can see from the image attached no particular issue were found:
I simply rotate all the lights to facing inside the room, enabled the option “use inverse square”, gave them a proper value and color (following my tastes)…that’s it
used the post-process volume to strength a bit the contrast, push more the AO and desaturate
…don’t know why the kitchen floor gave me problems when baking the light (I had no time to spent for it so I deleted :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thank you very much for the feedback :slight_smile: I just tried to play with the lights with the method you mentioned but It doesnt work for me. Could you just share the setup you made? So I can check it? :slight_smile:

here is the settings of the lights, furthermore I have erased the old scene and placed instead (at the origin point) the one you created…hate things that are not centered! :wink:

here is the disposition of the lights:

here are the settings of the lights (the ones of the kitchen):

lightmass adjustments

point light settings:

sun settings:

post process settings:

…that’s all, now is your turn to have fun with that scene :cool:
Cheers,