I’m close to finished with this blueprint, tentatively called Adaptive Audio Occlusion. Here’s what it does:
- Tracks sounds in your level in realtime and can tell when you, the player, are standing behind something in relation to each sound, changing each sound’s properties to simulate the sound getting quieter and more muffled as in the real world.
- Automatically tracks all ambient sounds in the level, activating traces when in range of each sound actor
- Will track any blueprints with audio components in the level that you specify with dropdown menu in details panel
- Handles spawning and destroying ambient sound actors and blueprints with audio components in real time
WORKS ALONG SIDE AUDIO VOLUMES
- Comes with soundclass to assign to sounds you want affected by this blueprint, all other sounds (player sounds, one shot sounds) can be affected by audio volumes normally
READS SURFACE PROPERTIES
- Add your surface types to arrays in details panel (light, medium, heavy)
- Depending on surface type the trace hits, audio dampening and muffling occur at different intensities (you can have sounds dampen more when behind a heavy steel door and less behind a thin wall)
SAVE’S SOUNDS’ ATTENUATION PROPERTIES
- Saves the original sound attenuation properties for each sound source and reverts to those properties as you emerge from cover
COMPLETELY IN REAL TIME! AND COMPLETELY WITH BLUEPRINTS!
Here’s a video showing the basics. The White orb is the sound source.