Re-using the Same Class Blueprint with Different Props?

Hi everyone,

I recently got a class blueprint of mine complete, where the player can look at an object in the class blue print and have custom text appear a few feet over the object.

However, now I have a new problem - I want to use this class blue print all over the place, but with wildly different objects.

I think I know WHAT to do, not just how to do it. What I think I have to do is put a variable that I can edit on a per class basis regarding what the base prop is and what the base text is and put it on the construction graph so it changes on the fly in the editor. And I also think that I’d have to have the text transform so it hovers a few feet over whatever object I put in, i.e. it hovers 5 feet over a huge sphere, 5 feet over a flat piece, etc.

All of that said, I’ve been trying to figure out how to accomplish this, and I can’t seem to make it work. I looked at the content examples, blueprint overview, and saw there was one where you could check and uncheck if a piece appears, but I couldn’t figure out how they did that… or figure out how to take that a step further to define a completely different object.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to have to copy + paste the class blueprint a million times to get this to work.

Figured it out! If anyone is curious, here is a picture of the blueprint below with comments of how it works:

I believe you need to make all your additional actor blueprints children of the parent class that has your construction script in it? Then you just change the mesh on the children and they retain the core of the class.

There may be some more specifics but I think that is how it generally works.