Re-textured looks totally blurred

Hello!

My 26mio object has really nice textures:

When I simplify to 5k tris, the textures look totally blurred.
What is happening here?

There is enough geometry to display the textures nicely, isn’t it?
Are the blurry textures a bug in RC?

Texel size is at default value 0.004453.

Did you retextured your model ? After simplification you need to, because what you have now is only the colors per-vertex.
If you did so, maybe your are experiencing the same bug than me : on last RC version, when applying a distance contraint after the reconstruction, the UV unwrapping is always messed up. The only workaround is to export and reimport the model before texturing.

Jonathan_Tanant wrote:

Did you retextured your model ? After simplification you need to, because what you have now is only the colors per-vertex.
If you did so, maybe your are experiencing the same bug than me : on last RC version, when applying a distance contraint after the reconstruction, the UV unwrapping is always messed up. The only workaround is to export and reimport the model before texturing.

I did re-texture the model, and I haven’t applied a distance constraint.

Hello,
the Simplify tool creates a new reduced model which loses its texture and keeps only the coloring. You need to texture the model again…

lubenko wrote:

Hello,
the Simplify tool creates a new reduced model which loses its texture and keeps only the coloring. You need to texture the model again…

I did that, and my screenshot showed the results.

The second shot seems to be zoomed in, the quality can be almost the same. This has probably something to do with the quality of the photographs and capturing scenario used.

Hi tw2016
Just to to be sure you just simplified the model in RC and you have NOT exported in external app to process. So everything done to model was just simplify it ?