Re-Install Required After New Laucher Patch?

I only recently reestablished internet at my house, so I have been working in Unreal Engine 4 for past 2 weeks in offline mode. Now that I have internet back, I boot up program, and it prompts me to download a patch for new launcher. I downloaded new launcher, and now launcher is me to install Unreal 4, as if I had a blank hard drive.

Because of space issues, I had to relocate engine and much of projects to my external hard drive from my C drive. Everything was by default downloaded to C drive, but I was able to successfully relocate it to my external, and everything was working perfectly. However, when I downloaded new projects and packages, they automatically go to original C drive location.

Now, interesting thing is that launcher recognizes projects/demos in my C drive as valid and downloaded. However, projects, and engine, which I relocated to my external, are no longer recognized as installed.

I have no idea what to do, but I’d like to avoid a total wipe and install, as I spent a lot of time migrating assets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

As an update:
When booting up Unreal Engine, I now get an error message when it states “Updating Unreal Engine Launcher”. message is “Error! No version information received.”

8219-error+message.png

Once I press “OK” on error screen above, I am taken to launch screen, where I am told to subscribe to download. My subscription is currently active and has been for last few months. Screen shot below.

I suspect this is all due to my relocation of engine away from C: folder, but I have no options as this SSD is full.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Brett

Unreal Engine is back to requiring an install of program, and no longer provides error message seen before. See image below.

edit:
However, now it does not recognize that certain packages have been installed, unlike before, and it is now requesting an install/download of everything.

Since this problem seems to be unsolvable right now, is there a way to reinstall program in a folder other than default? I need to start working on this project as soon as possible, so if a reinstall/redownload is a requirement, I will do that. However, i cannot do this if I am forced to download all of packages and main program to C file.
Is there a way to keep asset libraries and custom materials that we have created so that they’re not lost during reinstall?

Hey ,

With current version, Launcher will install engine onto whichever drive Launcher is installed on. You may need to redownload Launcher onto your D drive and install latest version of engine there.

Let us know if you still have issues after that.

As a bit of a work around, I can run engine in offline mode, which seems to subvert need to reinstall program. I know this is a temporary solution, but due to bandwidth I have to avoid big downloads for now. Thank you for response, and I will look into this once month is up!