Re-Enable Underground Building

I have been working on a map that has an entire cave system. And I am trying to figure out how to re-enable the underground aka cave building. I am guessing it determines whether you are under a landscape layer and blocks it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’d suggest you take a look at how caves are done on the Island, assuming you have enabled cave building in your .ini file.

There will be some kind of bounding box/physics volume… the absence of which is probably causing actors to get nuked by the code.

Ive gone over as much as I can in regards to how Prevent Structure is done, to a degree, it allows the building under the landscape, but once you hit a certain distance in, the floor just no longer allows building.

I am trying to figure out what is causing it, its almost as if there is a Z axis under landscape prevention.

I loaded up all of my levels and checked them one by one for any accidental copies, really my entire cave system is a set of static meshes, I am trying to find settings on the mesh themselves to make them function as the terrain level, I have changed collisions and messed with tons of Z axis settings and Build Prevention settings. Even went into the foundations themselves and found other options that look like they might work, but no luck.

I was hoping I could get a response from one of the Studio Wildcard guys at least letting me know if I am wasting my time or not. I am assuming that since the server command line to enable cave building in PVE exists that the actual variable I want to use may not be available from within the dev kit.

Any other ideas would be great. I added you on steam earlier as well, and would love to bounce ideas back and forth if you have some time later as well.

Structure prevention zone, then hit disable in details. That did it for me.