RC has not worked since the last update!

Hello Mr. Wishgranter,
What is only going with RC? The current software only creates problems! Is there a way to reinstall the previous version? No reconstruction runs through more, at about 80% it breaks off and the PC starts again. The new version also contains error messages such as “Not enough video memory”. I have now 4 times the crash report sent to CR with the note that I would like the previous version again. But there is no feedback of any kind! So working with RC makes no sense! I can not carry out reconstitution. Customer projects can not be processed!
Note: No HW was exchanged. RC was reinstalled and the settrings reset.

Hi ii3D

What is only going with RC? The current software only creates problems! Is there a way to reinstall the previous version? No reconstruction runs through more, at about 80% it breaks off and the PC starts again.

If the PC restart then its a hw ( or driver issue ), highly possible a PSU issue. if you use Win10 then write in search bar RELIABILITY and if you use other Win version look in EVENT VIEWER where is market the event and so you can pinpoint the true reason for the PC crash.

Please fill out your hw setup in signature here ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

Hello Mr. Wishgranter,
the PSU can not be, since I use a 1,000 watt power supply unit.
Enclosed the crash dump analysis.

I will reinstall and update the latest Nvidia driver.

update:
Hello Mr. Wishgranter,
I have updated the current Nvidia driver. Now the error seems to be eliminated. What I do not understand, however, is that this error has only emerged with the update of RC.

Hello Mr. Wishgranter,

I have the problem with the RC crashes get under control. After extensive monitoring, I was able to diagnose the failure of the new GTX1080. I have increased the GPU voltage by 20% and since then the calculation runs in RC. The ventilation I have so adjusted the max. 55 degree temperature is reached. The power supply delivers 1000 watts.