Raytracing reflections for hair grooms

Does anyone know if there is a way to see hair groom assets in ray traced reflections? Right now my hair groom does not show up in ray traced reflections.

2 Likes

Im facing the same issue as wellā€¦ can someone suggest a work around please?

I havenā€™t tried it for hair,
but for niagara systems you have to turn on visible in raytracing in itā€™s details before you get shadows from it
maybe thereā€™s settings it needs to turn on to show up in reflections

I think they said somewhere that at this experimental stage hair grooms donā€™t show up in rtx reflections yet?
My issue on the other hand is that currently grooms are not properly ā€˜shadowedā€™ by fog so they really stick out in any atmosphere if far enough from the camera :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a solution in ue 4.26?

Looks like not. I walk the character to the ocean only to find that he becomes bald

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that?
I tried to set the material shading model of the groom hair to ā€œopaqueā€ but smooth surface still does not show RTX reflection.

Same problem for us, metahuman hair no reflections

1 Like

Iā€™m using UE5.0.0 and no groom reflection for ray trace.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

2 Likes

Same thing here, Iā€™m using a Metahuman in 4.27, heā€™s bold in all reflections. I wonder if the only way around this is to switch to using custom hair made out of polys haha

Any advice from the engine developers on this?

Do we have any solution? I am using UE 5.0.3

Looks like luman has reflection

This is kind of sad, powerful metahuman with hair groom but reflection totally not working at all.

Is there possibly a update or a fix to this?