Raw Input plugin receives input from other devices

Forgot my attachments

324191-2.png

Forgot my attachments

324191-2.png

Hi! I’m using Raw Input plugin for mapping input from specific transmitter. The problem is any other controllers (like xbox one gamepad or VR motion controllers) also affects axes which i mapped only to GenericUSBController axes. For example, when I move left stick on regular xbox one gamepad, the value on the AdapterThrottleAxis changes (second attachment). I also configured VID and PID values in plugin settings, but it didn’t help. Do you have any suggestions why other devices affects GenericUSBController axes and how to fix this?

Dear valued Unreal Engine user,

It looks as though XboxOne controllers are supported Raw Input devices, so it may be that these are not getting filtered correctly in the plugin. There should be a ShowDebug command for the plugin that will list the registered devices and draw onto the HUD.

If ShowDebug command shows the XboxOne controller, then it may have been registered via RegisterInputDevice, in which case finding where that is called and stopping the XboxOne controller from being added may work.

If it does not show the XboxOne controller in the list of registered devices, then it may that the inputs are coming in via RIM_TYPEMOUSE or RIM_TYPEKEYBOARD for some reason. Those types appear to not be filtered, so will be passed though whatever the device. If that is the case, possibly check that you do not have anything that maps gamepads to mouse/keyboard input. If not then, you may need to update the plugin to force filter out those devices.

Thank you for your continued support,