Random Loot drops?

Any way to make supply crates more dynamic and spawn randomly?

and also, is it possible to replace the beam of light with some other effect and to replace the big diamond obelisk/supply crate with say, a normal crate?

As far as random goes, they all have fixed spawn points so they will always spawn in the same places. Not exactly sure what you mean by more dynamic. There are several other crate models in the devkit so I’m sure they could be adapted for use.
This video should give you a good idea of how the crates work.

Thanks man, i’ve seen this vid, I was just wondering if there was a way to maybe in set area have set drops happen, instead of drops x/y/z spawn at spawns a/b/c.

Spawn frequency isn’t exposed in the devkit alas.

Also, unless I’m mistaken, there is no way to guarantee an item set drop. I was playing around with Additional Item sets but getting inconstant results.

Pretty sure you could by editing the supply crate spawning voumes but then that would require you add the newly edited full map to your mod I do believe.

There are 4 loot item sets, 25 through 60. Level 25 loot item set is called from a level 25 drop, level 25 and 35 loot item sets are called from a level 35 drop. 25, 35 & 45 loot item sets are called from level 45 drops and so on. That’s probably why you did not notice a change. In my supply drops mods, I removed all the calls to the lower level items (you only get level 45 loot item set from a level 45 and so on) and it has worked out pretty well & consistently.