I’m currently working on a mbp mac Yosemite osx. I’m making UI for a game. I usually crash on small things like sometimes accidentally changing names of Variables, dragging out a new Exec blueprint node, creating variables etc. For example yesterday I wanted to get Pointer Event for making my own scrollbar Touch functions. It crashed 5 times in a row when dragging out a node until I got it.
I also found a bug that sticks around for me. If you create a new animation variable and delete it. When creating a new one again it says the name is taken. And sometimes when creating a new animation it won’t let you in to the Timeline unless you really press something random on the Hierarchy.
What version of the engine are you running?
Since moving over to the 4.7 series, I have experienced far less crashes then ever. Actually, I have only had one crash due to a 4.7.4 bug that was resolved in 4.7.5
I am going to move this to bug reports because of the issues you are experiencing on the OS you are using.
I’m currently on the latest one 4.7.5. The previous 4.7.4 after every crash I had to reopen and open the game but now it opens faster after a crash so that’s better. But it still crashes all the time for me.
In order for us to confirm the bug and get it entered into our system, could you please provide me with simple and clear reproducible steps for each crash you are experiencing?
Also, could you provide me with your system specifications as well as your crash logs and callstacks generated from the crashes?
Once I am able to reproduce the issue on my end with the requested information, we can get a bug report entered to see a fix for the issue in an upcoming release.
My computer is MBP Retina
2.3Ghz Intel Core i7
16GB Ram DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB
OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
UE4 Editor 7.5
I’m currently working on making UI in UMG so it’s in there for me. While working today I will be updating on when I’m having the crashes and explain to you here.
- Dragging out a new variable
I started dragging out a new variable and it also started changing the name at the same time so this caused a freeze which well. Stuck for a long time.
- A new bug I found that freezes the Entire Editor is when Making a macro library. When pressing All Classes, it just freezes. Eventually a team member had to do this for me which is on Windows.
- One of the most frequent bugs. In UMG Blueprint, I create a new variable like Units and want to set a Variable Type. However it just freezes.
- An Error when created a Local Variable inside a BlueprintFunction and changing it to a normal variable from Array. Causing a Crash and showing a Crash Log.
I was looking over the information that was provided above, however I do have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issues these are that you are experiencing. First we will need you to break up these issues and post them as their own AnswerHub post due to tracking purposes. This will also help direct other users with similar issues to the correct threads. We will tackle the variable renaming issue on this thread. If you could just post the links to the other answerhub posts that you create as a reply I will be more than happy to assist you with them.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project (with no assets from the project with the issue)?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps in order to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Has the project that you are using been updated from an older version of the engine?
- When you say that the editor was stuck for a long time, how long was it stuck?
- Did it unfreeze on it’s own or did you need to restart the editor?
“The animation name is taken” issue is a known issue (UE-7617) and has been resolved internally. This solution will be available in a later release of the engine.
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.
Hi I will test to see if these still work in 4.7.6.