Random crashes on UMG compile

I’m also experiencing this issue, as I imagine most people are. There’s literally nothing I can do with my project at this time.

To answer your question Chumble, I would like for you to provide the call stack the is given when the project crashes. You will see a crash reporter window (example below). If you could copy and paste that into a reply, that would help narrow things down.

we are having the exact same issue with 4.12.1, but we don’t even get the crash reporter, instead just a popup with ‘Fatal Error’…
did anyone solve it yet?

Hello Priareos,

I have a couple of questions for you.

Questions:

1. Are you using source?
  2. What version of the engine are you using?

You can find call stack in …/‘project’/Saved/Logs/‘project’.log

I also have problems with CrashReportClient :confused:

same for us.

Here’s the call stack (Pastebin)

Yesterday I did open up my 4.12 project which us relatively clean third person blueprint project. All my umg widgets were migrated and required assets were migrated over already. I compiled one of my menu widgets which worked fine. So then I went to one of the widgets known to cause a crash and compiled with no problem. So I made a change to it and recompiled without crashing.

Hello Chumble,

After looking over your callstack, it looks like this is a known issue that was resolved in the 4.12.2 version of the engine. Could you try updating your engine and let me know if the crash is still occurring?

This appears to have resolved all my issues, thank you! No more crashing!