random crashes in Unreal Engine 4.23.0

While working in Unreal Engine I regularly get crashes, this varies between 1 or 2 in 2 hours time of working or having one every few minutes. I could be moving a material instance to another place or try to make a platform and it randomly crashes. Sometimes even when it has just started and nothing has been done yet.

LoginId:f9bab38b4a82a63f2f9e60917bf9bebb
EpicAccountId:818b653e92824966bd99b17ab78b892b

Assertion failed: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 249] Result failed at D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Viewport.cpp:371 with error E_INVALIDARG

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hi, I have the same problems with my notebook. With my PC windows 10 crashes totally. In the moment i’m using UE 4.18. That runs tolerably stable (only one crash in a few hours). I opened a threat with the title “Windows 10 crashes in UE4 editor” for a few days. The first question will be “What are your computer specs ?”.

In my post an user called Louis says that updates from win 10 are the problem for the crashes :slight_smile:

If you’re on a laptop it could be due to running on battery or with power saving settings. Also, if you’re on a laptop make sure your laptop meets the minimum requirements to run UE4, if all it has is an integrated Intel GPU then that’s not enough.

Definitely try updating drivers if you haven’t.

I have the same issue, Did you solve it?. I attach an image with a message of the crash. Is the problem related to windows 10 updates. I´m struggle with this problem for 2 weeks

I got this issue on 4.24.1 as well. Even if I move a blueprint node, editor can crash. I don’t know why. My computer always updates softwares automatically, I checked drivers etc. but this is still happening. But this is new for me, like 1-2 weeks. Maybe because of a new Windows update. Can’t tell.

I switched to Vulkan by making it default RHI in project settings. And it nearly stopped crashing. It didn’t stop crashing completely but now less crashes than what was before. Switching to DX12 also decreases crashing frequence.

Anyone figure this out?
I’m struggling with crashes 4.23.1 on a 1080Ti, i7, 32g ram

Assertion failed: GD3D11RHI->GetQueryData(Query->Resource, &Query->Result, sizeof(Query->Result), Query->QueryType, true, false) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Query.cpp] [Line: 45]

Anyone can fix it?

This is supposed to be an DirectX error… Because I got the same on some games and it’s due to D3D11 too but I don’t really know how to solve it … Got the same issues

not sure what the cause is : I was having massive crahes in 4.24 ( every 5mins ),

I down graded to 4.23.1, and have not had a crash since ( 3 full days, and not a single crash while editing ),

I think they might have fixed the issue in version 4.23.1, but it re emerged in 4.24, just a theory, guess on my part.

God Bless you. May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you.

Acts 10 : 33 - 48, google it, its Awesome.

I had a same issue with D3D11 with 4.25 as well. I fixed it not sure how good and how long will this hold on but here is the thread that I posted my solution. Hope it helps.