Random Crashes and Example Contents not loading

Hi

I am working with UE4 for some days now and I have some serious problems with lots and random crashes and not loading example content.

1. Crashes
    Seem to appear randomly and often but there seem to be certain actions like returning from (any) editor to the main view that provoke them.

Examples:

"Exception was “SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0x3"”

"Exception was “SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0x0"”

Very frustrating.

1. I downloaded the effects cave and the xoio Berlin flat as content for learning and both hang up during loading at 73% (both). The fan starts to go max and thats it and I need to force end.

Config
MacBook Pro (Mid 2014)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB (always on)

Also none of the log files and directories described → here have been created.

Am I missing something or is it a misconfiguration? Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey eatplaysleep,

What OS version are you using and which UE4 engine version are you using? When you get a crash during editing, please find the logs listed in the link you provided from the Editor Session Log section and zip/attach them here.

Thanks for your quick reply! Versions: OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (14B25) UE 4.6.1-2386410+++depot+UE4-Release+4.6

These path never have been created ~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/Editor/ ~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/ProjectNameEditor/

the log files are from Library ▸ Logs ▸ DiagnosticReports.

And the log files

The /Library path is hidden on Mac. To open it, open a Finder window and open Go in the Menu Bar. Hold down the Option key and the Library should appear. Open that, then navigate to /Logs/UnrealEngine/[YourProjectName]Editor/ and you should see your crash logs in there.

I see, just found it thanks.
Don’t wonder about the one drive path, it is not running when I work with UE4.

Hi eatplaysleep,

I was unable to reproduce the crash locally, however using the logs you’ve provided I’ve entered the following bug report:
JIRA [UE-7086]. When the developers have had a chance to examine the crash logs, an update will be added to this post.

Thanks for your input in determining the cause of this issue.

Many thanks and have a great start into 2015!

The fix for this bug has been reported and should be implemented in the next couple of iterations of the engine. Thanks again for supplying the necessary documentation needed to isolate the issue.