Random Crash when Object overlaps (Role Authority)

After upgrading to UE 4.12 and testing a network simulation, I occasionally get a crash to desktop without any particular reason. It is somehow related to when a projectile hits an enemy and an overlap events happens. The log file gives me this as the final message:

[2016.06.14-15.36.53:689][435]LogActor:Warning: AActor::PostNetInit EnemyCutter2_C_27 Remoterole: 0
[2016.06.14-15.36.53:689][435]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet. (0)
[2016.06.14-15.36.54:128][435]LogCrashTracker:

[2016.06.14-15.36.54:128][435]LogCrashTracker:

[2016.06.14-15.36.54:128][435]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: RemoteRole == ROLE_Authority [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp] [Line: 2919]

Is it possible that this is happening because I turn off replication of an actor once it dies? Because otherwise I have no idea why this crash is happening or what this error even means. I use this method (turn off replication when actor dies and then turn on ragdoll simulation) from the very beginning of the project (almost 2 years in development) and it has never been the cause of a crash before 4.12. Can there be anything else related to this role authority crash?

I am using only Blueprints for the whole game btw.

Hello Blue669,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
  4. Could you try deleting your saved and intermediate folders before updating?

Note: You may want to make back ups of any folders before deleting them.

Hello Blue669,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.