RailGods of Hysterra | Lovecraftian Survival

The story so far…

Hey everyone!

As part of the Troglobytes Games team, I am excited to introduce you to our latest project, RailGods of Hysterra.

It’s a solo/online co-op Lovecraftian base-building/survival game where you ride, upgrade, and control a living train fused with a bizarre creature. It’s been a thrilling journey developing this game, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!

The project started a few years back, and you can see it as it got brought to life on HERE.

Since 2022, we’ve worked on a few things, such as:

• Adjusting the combat system with new animations and weapons (both for you and for the enemies, eheh);

• Refining the building system by adding different workbenches, various Passenger Carriages (each with its own bonuses and peculiarities), and embellishments:

• Adding new stops for you to explore and ravish in order to collect useful crafting tools, materials and food for the train (no, I’m sorry, it doesn’t accept charcoal);

• Adding Day / Night cycle and weather mechanics;

• Reworking of characters & various 3D assets and more!

I’ll be sure to keep you up to date weekly (or monthly, to show you more stuff at once), but for now, I suggest you to follow us on Youtube.

Here two of the current enemies you can find!

Feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts!

1 Like

Hi there @Palallalum,

Hope you’re well and having a great week so far!

These character designs are so creative. Tenti-tummy and Mr. FishShield are genuinely some of the most unique characters I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to see more - it looks so rad!

1 Like

Hello @PresumptivePanda ,

I hope you’re having a great week too!

We are planning to share more content in the upcoming weeks! Hopefully, you’ll appreciate the other enemies too!

1 Like

Ooh, any hints as to what oddly creative monster they are? :smiley:

New Update!

Recently, we decided to rework our main character design! Of course, this is not your standard character, in fact, you’ll be able to personalize facial hair, body type, clothes and colors!

I hope you like it so far!

1 Like

Hello there @Palallalum !

I just did a deep dive on RailGods of Hysterra and must say I’m in love. It reminds me of a bunch of games I’m currently obsessed with and the eldritch horror aspect of it has gotten me hooked.

In regards to the character creation you mentioned in your recent post, will the body types and other changeable aspects be limited to primarily masculine or will there be feminine / androgynous types as well?

1 Like

New Update!

Here some more info about your lovely creature: the Railgod!

(Pardon the quality of the reel, but it’s all handmade at this time, and we are currently trying to experiment with it.)

In order for your trusty little creature to lead the train from one stop to another, you need to keep it always well fed, preferebly, with theyr fave meals: “the mush”, which is usually dropped by enemies and other beings wandering the lands of Hysterra.

1 Like

Hello there!

I am glad to hear this ;; you made us very happy with your comment.

As for the character creation: at the moment, we are in the process of creating the female playable character. You’ll be able to switch hair, facial hair, faces, body types, clothing, cosmetics & relative colour palettes.

1 Like

Hello again @Palallalum !

I’m glad my silly comment could make you all very happy. That warms my heart!

In regards to the character creation, I love to hear that. Is it safe to say with that lineup that characters could have a masculine body type with potentially a long hair or updo style? I know those typically are reserved for the feminine characters which I totally get, but I was just a little curious,

1 Like

Hello again @The_M0ss_Man !

Yes, yes. There will be these kind of hairdo for male characters as well!
Also: What level of personalization would you espect? (Not from this game, specifically, but from games of this genre).

New Update!

Our character is getting their animations reworked from scratch, in order to make the movement smoother and fights more engaging! Besides, more ranged enemies have been added!

New Update!
Here a little close up on the carriages building system!

Each carriage comes with 5 variations, and each piece (wall, door, roof, cosmetics, etc…) comes with its 5 different versions too!

What would you like to see next?

Hello there @Palallalum ! Apologies for the delayed response!

In regards to personalization in games of this genre, it varies typically on how much one can see of their character. My standard list that I like to see is body type, hair that can be used across all genders, clothes that can be used across all genders, skin tone, and voice variety. A little extra for the super detailed ones are usually a variety of face styles as well that go across genders.

I realize these things can be hard to code within games sometimes but whenever a game graciously provides these types of customizations it warms my heart a little bit. Thank you so much for asking and I am loving the new updates we’re seeing as well.

The carriage building is very unique so I’m excited to see what you guys do with it!