Ragdolling replication broke for me in 4.5

Hi!
I ported our game from 4.3 to 4.5 and a few things broke that were fairly easy to fix, however i cannot wrap my head around why ragdolling broke the way it did for me. Whenever we ragdoll the client cannot see other players ragdoll where they are but instead see them teleport to 0,0,0 to ragdoll there. However the server sees both itself and the clients ragdoll just fine. here is a screenshot of what im talking about. This worked fine for me in 4.3

Thanks in Advance!

Hi ,

I attempted to reproduce your issue but I can’t get your results. Can you reproduce this in a template or one of our projects like Shooter Game?

I’m going to reference another user with this issue here as well.

Hi ,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information.

Thanks,

TJ

I am having the same precise issue. The owning client and server display the ragdoll properly but any others teleport the ragdoll to the 0 point of the map (and it doesn’t seem possible to move it away from this point via a blueprint.

Ive also noticed that if I just disconnect a skeletalmeshcomponent with a detach from parent node the same behavior occurs where it becomes stuck at the 0 point on non owning clients.

ya i’m piggy backing on 4.5 Client side physics - World Creation - Unreal Engine Forums , hopefully we can figure out a fix :open_mouth:

I just tried to reproduce in a new third person template project and I couldn’t even though my current project (where the bug does occur) initially started as a third person template and isn’t that different. I’m trying to find any differences between the two but no luck yet.

Not sure if it helps, but I’m having this issue too. I had other problems when I updated to 4.5 (couldn’t package) so I made a fresh 4.5 project and ported my assets over to it. The ragdoll problem still persists in the fresh project. I’m going to attempt to rip out the old ragdoll code and reimpliment it exactly, i’ll let you know if that fixes it.

Ok so after some tests, I still haven’t found anything useful, but here are some things I tried (none of them yielding results)

• New mesh / skeleton / physics asset
    I reimported an fbx fresh and setup a quick physics asset for it, everything was the same.

• New blueprint system
    I tried ripping out my old blueprints that caused the ragdolling and it didn’t work

• Different character
    I made a fresh character blueprint and implemented new blueprints to make it ragdoll, still no results…

keep in mind that this was all done within a fresh 4.5 project with assets that were migrated over.

Tomorrow I think I might try implementing a function in C++ that ragdolls and will see if that works. If not, i’m at a loss here.

I haven’t found anything either even though I completely changed my ragdoll code (for a separate reason). It would really be nice to get some feedback from Epic here so we at least now the issue is being looked at.

I found some kind of fix, you have to set the mesh component to replicated, I do that on the constructor script of the actor, this way atleast the mesh doesnt move to 0,0,0, but it still has problems

Hi everyone,

Have you tried this in the 4.6 preview yet to see if it is still an issue for you?

I’m actually completely rebuilding our project in 4.6, so once I get to ragdolling I’ll let you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is there anything new about it ? I’m having the same issue.
I’v found that if i make the blueprint like in this picture, the character will turn into ragdoll where it should, however it will be glitchy as hell and it will shake and rotate and w/e like he is suffering or something lol.

Hi everyone,

We are still looking into this, I just need to take a quick poll. For everyone that is having this issue, is your Ragdoll Replication being done in code or through blueprints?

Blueprint for us :smiley:

Blueprint!

I’ve done both C++ and blueprints

The issue is universally present!

It must be a lower level issue.

I gave you a utterly simple C++ repro project here where I reproduce the issue quite easily.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that we have created JIRA UE-6128 and our developers are looking into this issue. We will post back here as soon as we have something.

Cheers,

TJ

I’v solved it !!! All you need to do is to destroy the movement component and disable replication before starting the physics simulation. all the clients will see the ragdoll and you too and it will works great !
I’m so proud of myself :")

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18772&d=1417705339

Hi everyone,

I just tested 's workaround and it does correct the issue. In the meantime our developers will be looking into this further and we will post back here when we have something.

Cheers,

TJ