Ragdoll: Attached Hair Warps/Twitches

Video Demonstration

My main skeletal mesh ragdolls on death, in this case from falling into a bottomless pit. Any attached skeletal meshes seem to spaz out, twitching and warping all over the place. In the above example, both the tassel on the spear and the hair braid are both simple skeletal meshes with no collision enabled that have been welded to the main skeletal mesh. They behave fine when not ragdolling.

If I take the main skeletal mesh and set Physics Transform Update Mode from “Simulation Updates Component Transform” to “Component Transform is Kinematic” under Physics, the hair and tassel no longer bug out. But any attached cloth assets will deform instead (not in the video), stretching so far as to appear detached from the model. I’ve also noticed that the main body will have a slight twitching, as well.

Any ideas how I might remedy this glitchy behavior? This affects all customization options for my character that use skeletal meshes.

I fixed this issue by getting all the cloth simulated items, at death, and changing their tick group to post-physics. In blueprints, the node is called Set Tick Group.