Quixel to Fab Transition FAQs

What happens to Quixel subscriptions?

Effective September 17, 2024, automatic renewals of paid Quixel subscriptions will be discontinued. When Fab launches, if you are a paying Quixel subscriber, you will have an opportunity to convert to Epic Wallet credit or refund any active paid points balances.

Quixel annual subscriptions were discontinued as of March 27, 2023.

If you would like to access Megascans but your subscription has ended or you never had a subscription, you can now select a free subscription and access unlimited Megascans through Quixel.com and Bridge under the Epic Content License until Fab launches.

Where can I find my Megascans assets after Fab launches?

Everything you have acquired on Quixel.com or Bridge will continue to be available to you on Quixel.com and Bridge after Fab launches. Your Megascans may also appear on Fab, if certain conditions are met—read more on that below.

Please note that Quixel.com and Bridge will eventually be sunset. When that happens, if you wish to have continued access to those assets, we recommend that you download them onto a local disk so that you can continue to use them. We will alert you in advance of any change to the Quixel.com and Bridge services.

What license(s) apply to Megascans that I got on Quixel.com or Bridge?

Any assets that you previously added to your Quixel account or downloaded from Quixel.com or Bridge will still be governed by the license that was in place when you got those assets. So you’re allowed to use previously downloaded Megascans assets in your past, current and future projects under the license terms that were in place when those assets were acquired.

Will my Megascans from Quixel.com or Bridge transfer over to Fab?

If you acquired Megascans under paid subscription plans, they will appear in your Fab library under the Fab Personal and Professional Standard License tiers. The Fab Standard License has been granted in addition to the license that was in place when you purchased the assets through Quixel.com or Bridge. So even though your legacy Quixel license is not visible on Fab, if you download these assets from Fab, you may still use them according to the terms of the legacy Quixel license.

If you acquired the assets for free via the Unreal Engine subscription plan or under a free trial of a Quixel plan, they will not automatically transfer over to Fab. From Fab’s launch until the end of 2024, you may download Megascans—both those you may have acquired in the past and those that may be new to you—for free from Fab. Any Megascans that you add to your library on Fab during this promotion period, you will be entitled to use under the terms of the Fab Standard License even after the promotion period ends. Please be aware that simply downloading a free Megascan on Fab in 2024 will not grant you this entitlement - you need to use the “Add to library” option.

Assets acquired under the Quixel Education program or Quixel Studio license will not automatically transfer to Fab. Details on the future of the Quixel Education program are provided in one of the responses below. For queries related to Quixel Studio licenses, reach out here.

Will my Megascans on Bridge and Quixel.com get updates after Fab launches?

Megascans assets that you have on Bridge and Quixel.com after Fab launches will not receive updates. Megascans on Fab may receive updates, however. (Not sure if your Megascans will automatically transfer over to Fab? Take a look at the question above.)

Do I get access to free Megascans forever?

Before Fab’s launch, you can get Megascans for free from Quixel.com or Bridge. You can use them for free forever under the terms of the Epic Content License. Please note that these assets will not receive updates after Fab has launched. When Quixel.com and Bridge are sunset, you may lose access to these assets unless you have saved them locally.

From Fab’s launch until the end of 2024, you can get Megascans for free under Fab’s Standard License. Any Megascans that you add to your Fab library during this promotional period will remain available to you for free even after this promotion ends.

How long will I be able to access my past acquisitions on Quixel.com or Bridge?

You will be able to access past acquisitions through the Purchased/Acquired tab on Quixel.com or Bridge until those apps are sunset. We will alert you in advance when that happens.

For additional access and updates, make sure that your Megascans have been added to your Fab library after Fab launches.

What happens to the Quixel Education program?

The Quixel Education program will be discontinued when Fab launches. This means we will no longer be accepting new applications for the Quixel Education program once Fab has launched. If you’re subscribed to the Quixel Education program, you can continue accessing Megascans via the usual method and can reach out to us if you need to renew your offline license file. But please note that Bridge will eventually be sunset.

The assets made available to you under the Quixel Education program will remain governed by the Epic Content License, meaning your usage rights won’t change despite the program’s discontinuation.