Quixel Megascans fails to build to the Apple Vision Pro in 5.4

Hello,

As the title says - seems to be a cook issue. Running into a whole lot of repeated errors along the lines of

UATHelper: Packaging (VisionOS): LogInit: Display: LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the target package was marked NeverCook or is not cookable for the target platform.
UATHelper: Packaging (VisionOS):   Source package: /Game/MSPresets/M_MS_Default_Fuzz_Material/M_MS_Default_Fuzz_Material
UATHelper: Packaging (VisionOS):   Target package: /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder
UATHelper: Packaging (VisionOS):   Referenced object: /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder.WhitePlaceholder

This seemingly happens for all of the MSPreset folder. I’m currently only using one MegaScans material, imported directly into the level.

Thank you!

I’m having the exact same problem with the Quest 3. What I did as a workaround was to recreated the material, then replace the material instance with the one I created. That got it to work. I’m going to keep digging to see what the problem is. Seems to be related to the default material instance. Not sure if it’s me doing something wrong or if it’s an actual bug.

thanks! that’s exactly what I did, which unfortunately is not scalable if you’re using a ton of materials.

Haven’t had a chance to try this but a friend confirmed that unchecking “Excluding Editor Content While Cooking” should get rid of the problem. I’ll get a chance to test this soon - let me know if it worked for you!