Quixel material falls away in other project _ Library

Hello everyone,

Some time I am trying to get more into Unreal Engine. Only I run into a problem. I created a folder at Engine - Content - (new folder) name library

In it I want to store static mesh and materials that I can use in every new project so I don’t have to create them every time again. This works well, only as soon as I use the materials of Quixel, the materials are no longer visible and I see gray boxes as soon as I open a new project.

When I open the material I see that it cannot find the parent clain at hierarchy. How can I ensure that the Quixel materials remain properly linked to the object?

I am afraid it is quite complex because I am using these materials in the new folder library I created.

It sounds like you’ve just copied the folder from outside the engine. If you do that, none of the dependencies will get made.

It’s best to migrate this content from an existing project. ( You can make one just for this purpose ).

I created the map on my disk in the program itself. But I can’t migrate anything bass here. I want to see the materials in every project, variable whether it is an existing project or not. Otherwise I’ll have to make this every time. or it is not possible. Should I create a project that will migrate to other projects?

Yes, you need a simple project with this stuff in, and you migrate the folder to each new project.