Quixel "Environments" file organization is not very user friendly, missing many FBX files

I’ve just downloaded the “Warehouse” environment: Fab

Upon unzipping the downloaded file, I was surprised to find that the contents are not organized in a human-readable way. Here’s what the contents look like:

If you’re looking for a specific model, you’ll just have to open each folder, and open the FBX in a 3D modelling program to see what it is. In some cases you might be able to figure it out by looking at one of the textures, but it’s not always easy to tell from a texture what the model is.

I also noticed that many of the FBX files are missing. For example, in the screenshot I posted, the first 11 folders only contain textures, but no FBX files. Many other folders are similarly missing their FBX files.

I’m not sure if the Environments are meant as a convenient way to download many models at once, or if they’re just meant as a demo or something? But currently they don’t seem like a very convenient way to work with the content.

1 Like

Thanks for your report! We’ll be sure to look into this for you.

@DanGoyette , were you by any chance downloading these assets to use in UE? If so, please try using the integrated Fab plugin. You can find more information here.