I am still having problems with downloading some files it crashes unreal. This is still happening after the upgrade.
I found a workaround for this. It was also crashing for me and would even shut down my computer.
Here’s the workaround:
- Instead of importing via Bridge use the “go to file location” option in Bridge
- Copy those files into your content folder where you want them (frankly I prefer this to organize it myself anyways)
- IMPORTANT STEP Right click on each texture until you see a thumbnail. If I skipped this part, I would 100% hard crash every time I tried to assign the textures to the material.
- Go to the material instance and now assign those textures
- Assign the material instance to the mesh
Now you’re good to go.
It’s a little bit of a pain, but it does let you import what you want and where you want it. For instance, it’s often not even that helpful to have the normal maps with Nanite, so you can just not even bring them over in the first place.
Hope that helps.