Quixel Bridge Missing in academic install

I am currently using Unreal 5.3.2 as a standalone application which was installed in an academic institution. The IT dept installed it as a standalone using instructions from this page
Academic Installation of Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)
but the way it was installed is causing a few issues.

The standalone version doesn’t have Quixel Bridge, so we can’t use megascans or download metahumans.

The standalone version isn’t connected to the Epic Games Launcher so if we wanted to install content from the marketplace, the epic games launcher says no compatible Unreal Engine install is available.

So is there a way to reconnect the standalone version of unreal with Epic Games Launcher or alternatively add Quixel Bridge to the standalone version?

1 Like

Hey @shedtronic, i have had to deal with similar issues in the past. Unfortunately its really hard to get it to talk to the EGL if you have done the Academic Install. There are ways to do it but it depends on the institutions IT and how they install things. You might be out of luck here using bridge on the institution build. One way around it is to download the assets at home, and then when you get into the institution you just move the assets across into the project folder in windows explorer (for Windows) and whatever you use for a Mac. I wish there were more ways but unfortunately you’re kind of bound by the IT department and how they want to set it up.