Quixel bridge Is laggy on 5.3

Hi,
I tried to reinstall the plugin already but quixel bridge seems very slow on my computer if I compare to other user on youtube for example. Any idea what might be going on? I couldn’t really find common issue online, I’m wondering if there is something I missed…

2 Likes

Hi,
I also have the same problem, did you find anything?

It’s always had a lot of lag for me ever since I started using UE about 3 months ago. If you don’t want lag you have to use the Quixel Bridge app and start it from your desktop and transfer each asset to UE. Also for some reason the local assets from the desktop app in your local section are separated from the quixel that you use inside UE. Don’t know why this is the case but you’ll have 2 different local assets lists.

I have noticed that UE needs 100% of the graphics card. Even an RTX 4090 is loaded to the maximum in order to achieve maximum frame rates. You can reduce this by limiting the maximum frames in the console with the command t.MaxFPS 60. Since then, Quixel Bridge has been running super smoothly for me again.

1 Like

Still having this issue as well. I can sometimes download assets, but then soon after the app will turn to a grey screen and I will have to close and reopen it. And the desktop version of Quixel is only able to push assets to 4.27 and below. Very frustrating.

Edit: I think the issue is that I have a dual monitor setup with a 1080p (secondary) and 4k monitor (main) and there is some kinda bug inside of Quixel that does not like that. Because when I use quixel on my my 1080p monitor it works fine (at least for scrolling/browsing, still crashes sometimes).

The same here.
Furthermore, I cannot use quixel bridge that is not integrated into UE5, the independent version since it has the maximum version 4.27.

I also don’t want to force quixel brider (the standalone version) and install it in my Engine folder, so that then some kind of incompatibility error occurs.