Quixel Bridge export from UE5

I find it very difficult to work with Quixel Bridge integrated in Unreal Engine 5. I need to have several UE5 projects open at the same time, and half the time I click on the export button from the quixel bridge and it doesn’t appear to do anything. Other times, it returns a message successfully exported 0 assets.

Sometimes assets appear in the wrong project. Quixel bridge should work far better than it does. For instance it should always export to the project from where the bridge window was launched.

Another problem that I have is that downloads don’t seem to share across projects. I have set a download path for Bridge, but if I export an asset I’ve downloaded to another UE5 project, it downloads it again.

Hi @GRWalton,
I am not sure which version of UE5 you are using Early access 2 binary or UE5 EA 2 source or UE5 main source.
The latest Bridge version is 2021.0.04 and the version can be seen in the top right when looking at Bridge in UE menu Edit-> Plugins.

You should send this to support@quixel.com they may schedule this for a later version.
In the meanwhile for updates see

Quixel Bridge 21.0.4 Update to Unreal 5.0 EA2 Epic Launcher Binary version

Quixel Bridge for UE5 Release Notes (2021.0.3) - General / Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums

| am simply using the EA2 binary that comes from the Launcher.

Hi @GRWalton, UE is now updated for Binary and source to 2021.0.04
Thanks
Jim