Hey Guys, Looking for advice here. I’ve been modeling for a while and am producing geometry along the lines of what I’m looking for for my game. I can export it as FBX, import the grey models in to UE4.I’m looking for advice on a solid overall workflow. Right now all I get from below is a white brick textured cube in UE4.
- Start with the Blender default cube which seems to be 2x2x2m.
- Go in to Bridge, export material to Blender. Lets say a brick material.
- Go to render mode, I see the brick is allied.
- Export to FBX. Only thing I change is I select ONLY the Mesh ‘Object Type’
- In the Content Browser, Import. I Get
- Brick Facade Material
- TextureTest Model
No albedo texture, so thats probably why my cube is white
Whats going on with the Albedo file… also the AO file is in the material in shading in blender, but gets dropped as well. What am I doing wrong?
Extra Question if you have time:
- I noticed I needed to ‘Join’ all the objects so I imported just one Model rather than dozens of parts. Is this what I should be doing or is there a better way?