Quick Note: How to manually override the Steam PublishedFileID for your Map/Mod

Guys, don’t use the DevKit steam uploader.

1. Go to your \Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\SteamCMD folder.
  2. Create a new batch file called “UpdateMyMod.bat”
  3. Add a single line in your batch file: “steamcmd +login [yourSteamusername] [yourSteampass] +workshop_build_item “[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\ModConfigs[yourmodname].vdf””

You can edit [yourmodname].vdf to any values you want.

For example, my .vdf file has this.

“workshopitem”
{
“appid” “346110”
“contentfolder” “[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\Output\Ultra-Realism”
“previewfile” “[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\Output\Ultra-Realism\preview.jpg”
“visibility” “0”
“title” “Ultra-Realism: Total Conversion”
“changenote” “Beta release 201.6(4)”
“publishedfileid” “505962979”
}

When I’m testing my mod, I create a second batch file that has a different publisherid… this way I can test new versions with a different mod id… without overwriting my last published mod that people use.

“workshopitem”
{
“appid” “346110”
“contentfolder” “[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\Output\Ultra-Realism”
“previewfile” “[yourpath]\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\ModTools\Output\Ultra-Realism\preview.jpg”
“visibility” “2”
“title” “Test-Dev Ultra-Realism: Total Conversion”
“changenote” “Test release 201.6(5)”
“publishedfileid” “xxxxxxxxx”
}

Notice that I use the same cooked folder output… I’m just uploading the changes to a different, hidden steam mod… so i can test without messing up my last good published version to the main steam mod I use.

Hope this helps.

would be cool if the devs actually added the above into the ADK, a secondary steam upload for the same mod (Live and dev-test)

Thanks, that’s amazing not having to type it out every time! :slight_smile:

I can’t get a ‘Test’ version to upload using this method though, i get a file not found error if I’m not using my proper mod ID - any ideas?

I love you!

I figured it out, the cook deletes the image files which prevents the upload so I changed the path of my images

hey could anyone tell me why im getting this error “ERROR! Failed to load build config”