Quick Dev Tips #11 Importing Entire Folder Structures - (Fast bite-sized UE4 / UE5 Tips & Tricks)

#11 Importing Entire Folder Structures

Did you know you can import entire folder structures into the Unreal Engine?

I always knew you could import multiple files at the same time but it wasn’t until a lot later that I found out you could pull a folder in and it would import all the files and folders within it, in the same structure.

I really like this tip and use it all the time now, especially when importing sounds. It is particularly useful in times when you need to import a large number of files for example if you are prototyping, game jamming or starting a new project. See more about how it works in my links below:

Give me a follow on Twitter or sub on YouTube if you like what I do and want to know when I release new weekly Unreal Engine tips!

Also, if you have a quick Unreal Engine tip/trick that you like to use that I haven’t mentioned, then let me know here HERE and I’ll add it to my list of videos to make!

2 Likes

Is there a enable disable functionality to that? I get a red cross out when I try to drag folders into unreal.

Also none of the hyperlinks in your post actually do anything for me…

I found that you can’t drag .uaassets into the content drawer.
The You First Hour tutorial module 4 is very helpful.