Questions on How to Create 1:1 Replicas of Real-Life Cities and Landscapes

Probably, for full 1:1 conversions it’s cheaper to use photogrammetry. You hire some poor sob and send him out to take a billion pics, put them into meshroom process for a couple days/weeks, and that’s that. You have everything done - albeit poorly. Including textures and colors.
The other way you basically need a professional to create all assets properly. Which takes ages…

@anonymous_user_86a50b4a I am also working on similar Project to create replica of city for generating synthetic data. Can you summarize the steps which you went through to create the city environment.
I am currently using houdini to do procedural modelling for generation of roads and building but somehow after importing into unreal engine it kind of limits the functionality of modifying the assets in Unreal Engine.
Could you tell a better way of automating this process where the project is more scalable and can be updated accordingly.
Your Help will be so beneficial…

I know this is old but how do I get a city map and import it into unreal? I dont care if it is 1 mesh I can fix that in 3ds max after

go to openstreetmap.org and select the area you want to export . To import it in Unreal Engine use street map plugin from github GitHub - ue4plugins/StreetMap: Import OpenStreetMap data into Unreal Engine 4 all the required steps are mentioned there how to install that plugin