Questions after watching Blueprint tutorial video series

I have just finished watching Zak’s Blueprint video tutorial series and I have a few questions. I’m very new to UE4 so my questions may be silly. I’m not looking for any implementation details, just general discussion about how these things are done so I have a basic understanding going forward.

1. The light has a box volume used to trigger the action to turn the light on and off. What happens if you needed to adjust the position or scale of that box volume on a per-instance basis depending on where the light is placed in the level? Is there some way to expose the box volume component as publicly editable so you can move and scale it in the scene for each instance?

2. hooks up the F key to turn the light on and off. However what happens if you wanted to allow the user to set key bindings in some game options so that the “action” key may not be F, but could be E for example? How would that be handled?

3. also has a message that says something like “Press F to toggle” when you get close to the light. Obviously you wouldn’t set text like this in a real project. So I’m just wondering what is the normal way of setting text when taking localization into account?

Hi

3. also has a message that says something like “Press F to toggle” when you get close to the light. Obviously you wouldn’t set text like this in a real project. So I’m just wondering what is the normal way of setting text when taking localization into account?

Widgets would be fine. There is another way, you project text to the screen via a 2D vector, and produce on screen, or something along those lines.

1. The light has a box volume used to trigger the action to turn the light on and off. What happens if you needed to adjust the position or scale of that box volume on a per-instance basis depending on where the light is placed in the level? Is there some way to expose the box volume component as publicly editable so you can move and scale it in the scene for each instance?

You should be able to do this through variables within a blueprint.

Key Bindings - No Idea