Question

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and I would like to ask you a question about the requirements of Unreal Engine. I’m about to buy a new computer and I would like your opinion about ASUS G20AJ-IT004S, is Unreal is going to work on this computer? It has:

Intel Core i7-4790 (8M Cache, 3.6GHz), 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, Gigabit Ethernet, Windows 8.1

Is it going to be enough to develop games in Unreal on it?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Hi,

The spec of the computer listed above will be more than enough to run and develop games on Unreal Engine 4 and above.

I am currently running an i7 with GTX 970 2x2TB+SSD and have had no problems what so ever.

Do you wanna start a project together at some point? I can always PM you my ideas? Skills? Looking for a small team at the moment just for learning/moving on with game design?

Luke

That’s a great computer for UE4, although you probably get a better computer for the price, especially if you build it yourself.

Thank you for quick reply! I’m really grateful! :slight_smile:

@Lucecliff Not at the moment, maybe in the future, thank’s for asking me. It’s only to develop something in my spare time. I’m still a noob here.

Hi Kamilbitner,

So am I! I’ve only been using UE4 for about a week or 2 now so would be good experience for us both?

Luke

That would be nice. Maybe when I’ll buy a good new computer.