I am trying to figure out different workflows of working with top-down sketches (multiplayer level layouts) to see what works best for me.
- After you create a top down sketch/level layout on paper, how do you work with it in/for UE4?
- Could this workflow be improved upon?: create top down sketch> take a picture> upload to PC> import to UE4> set as a texture> apply to geometry> then scale it up until satisfied with the scale> begin to blockout/add geometry on top?
- Is there a better/simpler way than having to guesstimate the scale of the image once imported to UE4?
- Do you simply work from a top down sketch on paper? (ie. not imported to PC nor UE4?)
- Is there some type of functionality in UE4 similar to an Image Plane from Maya?
Edit: I should have specified, I’m currently working on multiplayer levels.