Question related to animations

Hiii everyone,
Ok, I ran across a site that as free assets. Im sure people here know it. “Mixamo”
My question is, If you just get an animation from the site. Then a mesh.

Can any mesh be used with the animation? The reason I am asking, is. I did get 1 character off there and an animation.
However, when I checked the animation in Unreal. The mesh looked like it had stretched and rubber band arms and legs?

So I went back, and downloaded the animation again, this time with the skin for the character. And it worked fine.

I do not know enough about this stuff. yet. So I would like to know if any animation could be used with a mesh by making some changes to something ?

https://showbox.bio/ https://mobdro.bio/ https://vidmate.vet/

I never used Mixamo, i just start learning to animate using 3DS Max, is really hard because i’m not an animator, anyway let’s see if this can help you:

you can use the same animation if the skeleton is exactly the same, If you are trying to apply a Mixamo animation to a different skeleton (like the mannequin) it will not work as expected, because you need to fix the pose of the mesh, set the bone name appropriately and also retarget the animation,

You always need to set a skeleton for the animation, so try to download for example one mesh with animation, and another mesh without any animation, and inside unreal engine (when you are importing the second mesh do not create a new skeleton but select the existing one) in this way the animation should work also on the second mesh without any issue (two different mesh that share the same skeleton and animations, this concept is working if all the characters have the same skeleton structure.

the mixamo animations are simply set up to use the mixamo rig that all their models use… you can target any animation from mixamo to any mixamo character and set up animation blueprints that way… you can also use mixamo animations with non-mixamo characters but you’ll have to set up a new T pose for that model and retarget the mixamo bones to the ones of the other model

Working with mocap sucks. The easiest way to do it would be to animate in Maya and export the animation as an fbx. If you animate on a rig that is compatible with mecanim, then any character that is compatible with mecanim will work with the same animation.

Animation is for the legacy animation system, animator is for mecanim. You can run both on the same object, but you’d have to be careful and make sure they sync up

I was also looking for this. I m new in the animation field. Need to learn more things. Like gbwhatsapp development and more.

Hi, ive created a new animation for my character, its a very simple one specifically for testing but it doesnt work. the animation is as far as i can tell made correctly and it shows the animation in the animation editor. But once i put it in the thirdperson animPB it just doesnt work, even when put directly as output pose. and i for the life of me cant figure out why.

3d applications like 3ds Max,Maya,Blender do a lot of things very well but are limited in the scope of the available tools that one does require a lot of knowledge of how to make use of the available assets like Mixamo.

As a primer there is a huge difference between a TA and a game animator

In the case of Mixamo the rigging and animations are based on the tool sets available in Motionbuilder of being able to retarget animations from the Mixamo rig to any base rig that you wish through characterization and the addition of a control rig.
Since Mixamo uses Motionbuilder as the preferred application the available templates drag and drop with out any additional work.
I mention this as knowing where the data originated is rather important as to the question
“My question is, If you just get an animation from the site. Then a mesh.”
as by extension Mixamos animations can be retargeted to other templates I have on hand for the Epic rig and Genesis 3/8.
Looking ahead though I figure Epic is going in this direction as to the creation of the auto-rig as well as being able to retarget animations as you would only have to build a template.

Can any mesh be used with the animation?
Of course. The mesh used has little to do with function of a control rig with exclusion to morph targets or cluster shaping

Depending on the object type you choose, the resulting 3D model can contain one or more meshes. The Spherical Panorama option maps a panoramic image inside a 3D sphere.Choose 3D > New Shape From Layer, and select a shape from the menu. Shapes include single-mesh objects like a donut, sphere, or hat, as well as multiple mesh objects such as a cone, cube, cylinder, soda can, or wine bottle.

It’s important to ensure that the animation and mesh are compatible to avoid issues like stretched or distorted visuals. Make sure to use the correct skin for the character and understand the compatibility requirements. Keep learning and exploring in the animation field!